Heartsaver First Aid, CPR and AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use.
This is the new American Heart Association course taught with the 2015 guidelines.
The Heartsaver CPR, First Aid and AED Course includes essential information and training in the first-aid skills recommended by OSHA, all in a format that can be delivered in a single day. The course is modular to meet the needs of a specific workplace or group of employees. The core module comprises general principles, medical emergencies and injury emergencies.
The course teaches basic first Aid, CPR, and AED skills such as:
• Helping someone with a possible broken bone or sprain
• Giving CPR to an infant, child, or an adult
• Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
This is a wonderful course for anyone that has the responsibility of taking care of someone else including parents, families, teachers, babysitters, coaches or anyone involved in organized sports, personal trainers and lifeguards.
(Healthcare Providers, including Nursing and EMT Students, please register for BLS for Healthcare Providers.)
- Friday, October 20, 2017 at 9:00 AMCode 3 Life Support (PASADENA-376 N. Allen Ave, Pasadena, 91106)
- Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 9:00 AMCode 3 Life Support (PASADENA-376 N. Allen Ave, Pasadena, 91106)
- Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 9:00 AMCode 3 Life Support (CAMARILLO-450 Rosewood Ave. Suite 209 Camarillo, CA, 93010)