The BLS for Healthcare Providers course teaches the skills of CPR for victims of all ages (including ventilation with a barrier-device, a bag-mask device), use of an AED on adults and children, and relief of FBAO in responsive and nonresponsive victims. Written and skills evaluation are required for course completion. The Current BLS textbook IS NOT INCLUDED in the cost. Participants must purchase the book prior to the class or at the door which will cost $15.00.
Please note this class is designed for persons studying (including internships), entering OR working in the HEALTHCARE industries or workplaces (hospitals, clinics, surgery centers, medical or dental offices). It is NOT a course for the NON-Healthcare provider. If there are any questions or concerns, please call our office and ask to speak to the Manager. If you are not a Healthcare Provider or do not work in a Healthcare environment , please see the Heartsaver list of courses.
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
BLS STUDY GUIDE: http://www.enrollware.com/sitefiles/code3life/bls2015.pdf
The American Heart Association requires students to have the textbook for this course. If you already own one, please bring it with you to the course. If you do not own one, we will have the textbooks available for purchase.