This class is designed for participants seeking ACLS certification for the first-time or whose current ACLS Provider card has passed the recommended renewal date.
The American Heart Association ACLS course is totally redesigned to incorporate new science evidence from the 2010 Guidelines and a new teaching methodology. Through the ACLS course, healthcare providers will enhance their skills in the treatment of the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies. ACLS emphasizes the importance of basic life support CPR to patient survival; the integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions; and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation. Each participant is evaluated individually on his/her ability to demonstrate core course knowledge and skills. This course will prepare you to work as a team member and team leader in a code situation. Course evaluation methods include a skill and practical evaluation using core-based scenarios and an evaluation of the participant's knowledge as measured by a written examination.
Students must be proficient in the following prior to attending the course: •Performing BLS CPR using the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC •Reading and interpreting ECGs •Understanding ACLS pharmacology •Performing the BLS Primary Survey and the ACLS Secondary Survey Course cost does not include the current ACLS Student Manual which is required to have prior to the course. CEU's & BRN's Available.
This course is offered as an extended one day class or traditional two day class, depending upon student preference which is arranged on the day of your class.
ECG/Pharmacology is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED as a prerequisite to the ACLS Initial course.
You will receive a pre-test, study guide and videos for your reference upon registration.
PLEASE NOTE: BLS RENEWAL CAN BE ADDED TO THIS CLASS. This allows you to get both cards on the same day while completing the written test and skills testing. In order to qualify for this option, you must be able to show a current BLS provider card. We will provide a study guide and review to assist your preparation. Please call us for details or register for ACLS/BLS combo course.
The American Heart Association requires students to have the textbook for this course. If you already own one, please bring it with you to the course. If you do not own one, we will have the textbooks available for purchase.
- Monday, April 27, 2015 at 9:00 AMCode 3 Life Support (PASADENA-376 N. Allen Ave, Pasadena, 91106)
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 9:00 AMCode 3 Life Support (CAMARILLO-450 Rosewood Ave. Suite 209 Camarillo, CA, 93010)
- Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 9:00 AMCode 3 Life Support (PASADENA-376 N. Allen Ave, Pasadena, 91106)
- Friday, May 15, 2015 at 9:00 AMCode 3 Life Support (CAMARILLO-450 Rosewood Ave. Suite 209 Camarillo, CA, 93010)
- Friday, May 29, 2015 at 9:00 AMCode 3 Life Support (PASADENA-376 N. Allen Ave, Pasadena, 91106)
- Friday, May 29, 2015 at 9:00 AMCode 3 Life Support (CAMARILLO-450 Rosewood Ave. Suite 209 Camarillo, CA, 93010)